Jeremy Wilson's Portfolio

"For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream." Vincent Van Gogh

Week 6

This week we had the incredible opportunity to visit the Pacific School of Innovation and Inquiry. The founder and principal gave us an overview of the school, and allowed for us to ask any questions we had about the school and the process of developing the school. I was blown away at how forward thinking, and creative the institute was. Interacting with the learners afterwards, I really got a sense of agency they each had. I believe this would likely be due to the fact that they have such an active role in the creation of their own personalized curriculum, and learning outcomes. There was so much flexibility and creativity going on at the school, it was amazing to see. Each of the learners seemed very engaged, and I think it is a place that allows for a lot of growth and learning to happen. The whole experience made me wish that there were more schools following these principles, or even universities that allowed for more self-directed learning.